Thursday 23 November 2017

Canadian Northwind quilt coming along

I have been working on some samples for my longarm quilting business.  Quilting up designs that I have available to use.  Just in case there are those who have a hard time visualizing the design in 3D. So far, I have about 25 of the 16" X 19" samples.  I've made up some binding and will work on that too in the next few days.  Not a lot to show you there.  Pretty mundane stuff.

So instead, I thought I would share with you the progress on my Canadian Northwind quilt.


When my daughter decided to clear off my design wall, this one was put front and centre.  I really do want to try and at least finish the top before the end of the year.  I have just over 60% of the blocks done and about half of them sewn in sets of four to make the larger unit.

I have a little bit more completed than what you see in the picture, since it was taken, but it has been slow going.  The picture was taken at night, so the colours appear faded.  In day light the wall radiates with brighter red pieces.

We are getting close to December, have you got your Christmas shopping started?  I haven't event thought about it, until my daughter mentioned she only has her Dad left to get for!  Can you believe it!  She is almost done and I haven't even started.

Happy thanksgiving to those in the States.

No comments:

Post a Comment