Tuesday 14 November 2017

A couple of quilts from the Halton Hills Quilter's Guild 2017 quilt show (QW)

Last month was our Halton Hills Quilters' Guild quilt show.  The show was very good with many in attendance.  I was so proud of all the quilts in the show.  Many of the visitors thought so too.  The quilts were beautiful.

There is no way to include them all, but they can be seen on our web page.  For this post I wanted to show two quilts from the show.  I want to keep them for future reference.


This first quilt pattern is called Primitive Garden by Lisa Bongean.  The quilt was hand appliqued in wool by Marian Baidacoff with minor design changes and hand quilted by Ester Beringer.  Below is the artist statement.  Sorry for the bit cut off on the right.

I was blown away by all the intricate pieces.  It is truly amazing!  It took Marian 9 years to make this quilt.  I can believe it.....all those small bits and pieces.


This next one, unfortunately I cannot give credit to the maker, as I cannot find the information for it.  The blue curtains are not part of the quilt obviously, but at first glance it is hard to see what is the quilt.  This quilt does not have borders.  I think this quilt will make great use of all the half square triangles you may have.  There is only one small square and the rest are half square triangles.  Very nice!


I thought I would keep these pictures for inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment