Wednesday 8 March 2017

Making some progress on my Purple Stars quilt

I have been busy with this and that, but I am still finding some stolen time to do some quilting.  I've made some progress on my Purple stars quilt.  Other than attaching the sashings to the blocks, I have the first two rows done.  It's coming along nicely.


I also could not resist making another monkey wrench block, in between my Canadian Northwind block leader/ender.

I learnt something with the making of this block.  Though I do like it, I prefer a darker colour where the gold colour blocks are.  I like to see more definition of the actual monkey wrench.  

I will leave this one the way it is and may even include some others like this one, as it will add interest.  In the case of this block, it may be one of those blocks that fades out to let another block be the star of the show.

One more monkey wrench to add to my small collection.


I finally started quilting my cousin's Dresden plate quilt......but I will leave those pictures for another post.

**Progress on my top 12 list for 2017**  
1. Quilting-Lise's Dresden plate quilt (commissioned)....quilt in progress
2. Quilting-Sabryna's yellow nine patch quilt (family)....
4. Main work-Mel's romance & roses quilt (family)....
9. Main work-Purple star quilt (my own)....sewing up the blocks 
10. Main work-Grey, black & bright quilt (charity)....
5. Handwork-Reconstructed Dresden plate quilt (my own)....9 full blocks left to appliqué
7. Handwork-Mini pumpkin wall hanging (my own)....started hand stitching
6. Paper pieces-Xmas pineapple blossom quilt (my own)....
8. Leader/ender-Bonnie's mystery quilt (my own)....moving along nicely

Total number of quilts completed - 3
Total number of quilts left to be completed - 9

Completed quilts:
3. Spools quilt (my own)
12. Purple & blue squares quilt from Carol (charity)
11. Log cabin quilt from Sharon (charity) 

No comments:

Post a Comment