Saturday 25 March 2017

Pillow case

This is the top of a pillow case.  It is the prelude to the coming quilt.  I friend from our quilting bee group made this for her granddaughter.  It's made with flannel and is so soft and cuddly.  Can you imagine the feel on your checks when you lay your head down to sleep.  I quilted it for her, so now she can finish making it into a pillow case.


To make this pillow case my friend put two log cabin blocks together, light side to light, bordered them with a white border and a green.  She is using the same white fabric for the light side of the log cabin blocks and pretty colours for the dark side.


For the quilting she asked me to do stick stars, in a meander through the white half of the log cabin blocks.  It looks cute.  You may not see it in the picture, but the white fabric has pastel stars throughout.  Per her request, I also threw in a heart.

I don't have much else to report today.  I will be going to a quilt store to pick up a specialty ruler I ordered, for the longarm in the East end just over an hour away.  As I will be in the East end, I will probably drop off at Whirls and Swirls for some more threads, and shoot across to the West end to my mother's place.  It will be another busy day of running around trying to get everything that you can't do during the weekday done.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment