Saturday 18 March 2017

Couple more purple star blocks done

On Thursday, mid afternoon, I was faced with a few hours of me time.  Me time!  Can you believe it!  I was so shocked, that I really did not know what to do with myself.  My mind went in overdrive....I can do this.....or I can do at....or maybe I should do.....and on and on it went.

Later, as time slipped by, I told myself to focus!  Forget about everything that can be done, and just start doing something, because you are wasting time by sitting here trying to figure out what the "best" thing to do is.  Just do something and take it from there.

After the stern talking to myself, I decided to start by picking up the mess that was on my sewing table.  That lead to finishing a piece that was under the sewing machine foot, which lead to starting another purple star block.


I finished two more blocks!  This now puts me at the half way mark.  I have half the blocks done!


While working on these blocks, I used this monkey wrench block as my leader/ender, as well as a bunch of units for my Xmas/Solstice star quilt.  They are moving along too.


Today, I head downstairs to try and finish the Dresden plate quilt, or at least the parts that I am planning to do on the long arm.  I have something else to do for another customer.  This next job is only a small pillow top.  It is actually part of a quillow.  A quillow is a quilt the folds up into itself and tucks into it own pocket forming a pillow.  Hence the name quillow.  I have to finish this one section first, before my customer can assemble the rest of the quilt.  So, I have to get moving on it.

Enjoy you day.

No comments:

Post a Comment