Wednesday 22 March 2017

What I was working on

On the weekend I got to play in my quilting room.  I am caught up with my one quilt finish per month, so I thought I would do what ever I was inspired to do.  

I pulled out my Canadian Northwind quilt.  All my pieces are cut out for this one and they are all sorted into block bundles too.  Whenever I want to sew on this quilt, I just have to pull a block bundle out and sew.  I don't have to try and figure out where I left off and what needs to be done.  It makes it so much easier, faster, and what I call brainless sewing.  I made 8 more units during this sewing session.


While making this block, there are  4 places that you need to use a leader/ender, before you can finish the construction.  That makes for a lot of progress on the chosen leader/ender.  This time around, I chose to use the pieces for the drunkards path quilt.

As I did 8 blocks above and each one requires 4 leader/enders, that gave me 32 more drunkard's path units as well.  These are definitely coming along.  I am anxious to see these units done, so I can start assembling the quilt.  This is going to be my spring quilt.


Prior to my little sewing session, I went to a quilt store on the way to visit my mom.  While there, I found what I think, is the perfect fabric for the block sashing and the quilt sashing, of the scrappy bears paw quilt, I am going to make.  You could read more about that one in an earlier post (on March 12th).


I think these colours will go very well with the browns of the bear paw blocks.  In the picture it is hard to see, but within those flowery black dots is a blue dot, the same colour as the blue fabric and the reddish colour surrounding the paisley, will highlight the red cornerstones that I plan to use.  Even the touches of black from the flowery dots and the dots surrounding the reddish colour will pick up the second cornerstone which will be a red and black square in a square.  

Everything will come together nicely....I hope!  If not, oh well, I will just take it all apart and come up with another idea.  That is all part of the creative process.

Enjoy your evening everyone and take some time to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment