Tuesday 28 February 2017

I am on a roll with my Xmas/Solstice star quilt

I am on a roll here with a lot of progress happening on my Xmas/Solstice star quilt.  Here are a couple of piles with the units in sets, everything needed to complete the whole block.


In this next picture, I have these units that are also matched up with their block parts.  The difference here though is that I still need to make the four neutral units per block, but I am getting there.


I also took out some parts to assemble another unit that is used in the alternating blocks, to the one above.  This is the first time making this type of unit.  It wasn't all that bad to make.  I have all the red and yellow half square triangles ready and waiting to be assembled into this larger unit.


Lastly, check out the three blocks sewn together on the design wall.  Obviously it is still difficult to make out the quilt design/pattern, so you will just have to trust me on this one.  It will be gorgeous!

When the blocks are all together you get a secondary design, where the two blocks meet, and the affect looks like circles or curves going across the quilt.  It kind of reminds me of a kaleidoscope.


I am happy that a lot of progress is happening on this one.  I started it in Mar/2014, and I want to see this one done.  I also want to see it done so I can have a Christmas quilt on my bed this coming Christmas.  What are the chances?  

Well.....I like a good challenge!  I am game.....stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment