Sunday 26 February 2017

Finished a small Log cabin quilt

A friend started some log cabin blocks.  I think they may have been the remaining pieces from another log cabin quilt she made.  She didn't feel like finishing these ones, so gave me three that were done and some left over fabric to make some more.


Friday morning while waiting for my mom to arrive, I started making the remaining log cabins.  Mom and I had a day filled with shopping for her new bedroom set.  By the time we pulled back into the driveway it was 5:30 pm.  I was exhausted!  My mom had to go out for about an hour, so I decided to relax in my quilting room to finish the log cabin blocks.  When I finished, there were a total of fourteen blocks.


They were put aside until today, as I needed to finish some renovations in the livingroom on Saturday.  I have the whole ceiling perimeter addition plastered, so things will be at a stand still until it all dries.  I'm not complaining though, because now I can take the time to play in my quilt room, without guilt!  I earned it!!!


After lunch I started making this quilt.  I used ten blocks and a piece of yardage to made a simple quilt.  The quilt will be good for a toddler.  It measures approx. 40" X 54".  

Below is how I quilted it.  I used an edge to edge design that came with my Quilt Path.  Now all I have to do is trim it down and bind it.  I am going to bind it with the solid blue fabric that was used for one of the horizontal strips.  I think it turned out cute.


**Progress on my top 12 list for 2017**  
1. Quilting-Lise's Dresden plate quilt (commissioned)....need to baste the quilt
2. Quilting-Sabryna's yellow nine patch quilt (family)....waiting on the longarm 
4. Main work-Mel's romance & roses quilt (family)....
9. Main work-Purple star quilt (my own)....sewing up the blocks 
10. Main work-Grey, black & bright quilt (charity)....
5. Handwork-Reconstructed Dresden plate quilt (my own)....9 full blocks left to appliqué
7. Handwork-Mini pumpkin wall hanging (my own)....started hand stitching
6. Paper pieces-Xmas pineapple blossom quilt (my own)....
8. Leader/ender-Bonnie's mystery quilt (my own)....moving along nicely

Total number of quilts completed - 3
Total number of quilts left to be completed - 9

Completed quilts:
3. Spools quilt (my own)
12. Purple & blue squares quilt from Carol (charity)
11. Log cabin quilt from Sharon (charity)

No comments:

Post a Comment