Wednesday 4 July 2018

July's American Patchwork & Quilting UFO Challenge

July's American Patchwork & Quilting UFO Challenge number is 7.  For me number 7 is my Xmas/Solstice star quilt.  This is a previous mystery quilt designed by Bonnie Hunter.  You can now find this pattern in one of her books.

This quilt is made up of two types of blocks alternating throughout the quilt.  There is a star block and another block that has chevrons, a pinwheel and some half square variation units.  This picture is the second block.  I have all the smaller units done and have them kitted together, ready to assemble.


I am actually really far along on this quilt.  There is a very strong chance of actually finishing this quilt in July.  I have all the star blocks done and when I started I only had 24 of the alternating blocks to do, plus only one side of the red arrow blocks along the perimeter.  Yay!


This is going to be my bed quilt for Christmas for hubby and I.  At this rate I should have it sewn, quilted and bond by the time Christmas rolls around.  Another YAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment