Friday 16 February 2018

Slowly moving along on my handwork

On Tuesday I had some time to sit and sew.  I had to finish some binding on some samples to take with me to my mom's place on the weekend.  She is going to help me get them done.  I put the binding on the one side by machine and she is going to tack them down by hand.

When I finished doing the binding, I still had a bit of time before bed.  I am not doing too well with my handwork.  It is a slow process and it does take time, but I will keep plugging away at it.


The stitches are tiny and the picture is intricate.  The last time I did handwork, I made it across the centre with a few lines representing the snowy field.  Now I am just getting started into the main part of the picture.  These are some bushes and trees.  Next time I sit and sew on this, I will be starting the buildings.

Though it is slow going, I am getting excited, because I am officially over half way done on this panel.

YAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment