Friday 2 February 2018

Finished quilting the circus panel quilt

This was a black and white panel, that was given to me by a friend, to make up for a charity quilt.  I felt the back and white was just not interesting enough.  So one night, I sat down with a big box of Crayola wax crayons and started to colour.

If you are going to do this, make sure that once you are done colouring, that you iron it, to melt the wax to the fabric.  You'll also want to make sure that you use a scrap piece of fabric between the crayon and your iron before you start to melt the wax.


It turned out nice.  I like it much better.  It's more cheerful.  After all it is for a child.  I quilted this during my Christmas holidays and just haven't had the time yet to trim it to size and put the binding on.  I am going to use a solid black for the binding to match the thick black lines of the pictures.  This quilt measures approx. 30" X 40" and I quilted it using a pantograph pattern called Nightlight.

   

I though I would also throw in this next picture of my progress on the embroidery for the quilt, To Grandmother's House We Go.  I did a fair amount on it this morning.  My eyes are not quite seeing straight after a full day on the computer for work, so I think I will call it done for today.


You'll have to excuse my shadow through the picture.  I didn't notice it until now, while I am writing up this post.  I have one more Christmas tree at the bottom left hand corner to do, and I will make my way to the middle of this panel to a house.

That will be for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment