Wednesday 7 February 2018

Finished quilting the old maid's puzzle NICU quilt

I am still doing some odds and ends.  Nothing much to post about, so I thought I would share this cute little NICU quilt I finished back during the Christmas holidays.  These units were leftovers from a Drunkard's path quilt I am making.  I have all the blocks sorted into sets waiting to be assembled.

With the left overs, I was able to make this little NICU quilt with more units to spare.
  

I used this quilt to practice a new to me quilting pattern.  Not sure what it is called, but it reminds me of a lightbulb with clouds.  To quilt it, you start off with a paisley design, and you echo it.  After you've done this you would make loops like small written "e" all the way around the paisley, you echo that.  It looks a bit like a flower.  Hard to describe, but enlarge the picture and you will see what I mean.  It is not difficult to execute and makes for a nice all over design.


The colours are soft and the backing is the same as the border.  This little quilt is trimmed, binding made and sewn on by machine, now just waiting for me to tack down the binding by hand and add the label.  I seem to always stall at this stage.  I am hoping my UFO challenge list will help with is.

No comments:

Post a Comment