Monday 13 February 2023

Radiant Star quilt

Again with the keeping it real business.....we had a workshop at the HHQG back in April/2018, for this radiant star quilt.  I believe we were 9 in attendance making this quilt.  My quilt just got got finished in May 29/2022.  That is 4 yrs.  Granted I had the centre blocks done for some time and the border got put on not long after.  It sat in the cupboard for a long time after that, as initially I had intended to custom quilt it.

But since I've moved here and set up my sewing room and longarm space, I have been trying to be truthful to myself on all that I can accomplish or what I really want to spend my time doing.  It was just not in the cards to custom quilt this one and it sat around long enough, so now it is done and one of my nephews is the lucky recipient of this quilt.  I am working on the label before I ship it out.


This is the centre block, which is all that I accomplished in the workshop that day.  I had a bunch of units started, but only a couple of rows together of each.


I quilted this one back in Nov/2019 for one of the recipients of the workshop, she chose to do a different layout.  It looks nice like this too.  She used the cut off corners to do her border.


While I was at the workshop I took a couple other pictures from two of the other participants.  This first one was Maryann's radiant star.  She got a lot done during the workshop.   She did hers with chocolate brown for the background.  That was pretty.  Blue and brown is always a winning combination.


We had this variation of the radiant star from Sue P.  She decided to add in the corner stones at each intersection of the star points and she was the only person to us a vivid background.  I didn't get to see this one finished, but it must have been stunning.
 

I did show a couple of other quilts that I quilted a while ago.  Not long after the workshop.  All of the quilts turned out beautiful.  It didn't matter what colourway you chose, it seemed to all work up into a beautiful quilt.

Enjoy your evening.  Take care and don't forget to take some time for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment