Thursday 16 March 2023

Animal panel quilt and an Oriental designed fabric quilt

It's been a while, but I have been busy this last month.  There are times that everything that has to be done comes in all at once and I get bogged down.  Usually everything pans out pretty evenly, but not last month.  I don't know where the time has gone, but I am trying to put on the breaks....lol.  I know what you may be thinking.....good luck with that....lol.

Either way, I am trying to get back on track.  When things get really busy, I take care of emergencies, my full time job and next my longarm customers.  From there, I take it one step at a time....and through it all, yes, I still get my sleep....lol.

I am pretty much caught up now with completing customer quilts due this weekend, Tuesday completing the labels for the 24 Project Linus quilts that have to be delivered at the end of this month, Wednesday delivering the 6 quilts for Quilts for Survivors, and today writing up the invoices plus other banking stuff.  

So I am happy.  Just a few more things to do, mainly the labels for the 5 quilts going out to my nieces and nephews and get back to quilting the 15 or so quilts left for Quilts for Survivor.  I can get back to my own quilty stuff.

Here are a couple of quilts I finished back in Aug/2022.  This first one was a one meter cut of an oriental designed fabric with dragons and phoenixes.  I only thought of it after it was all cut up, that I should have taken a picture of the fabric while it was whole.  Unfortunately the pictures do not capture the pretty fabric.  Up close you can see the dragon heads in many of the blocks and the body of the dragons intertwined throughout the blocks, as the pictures are separated by the solid fabric portion of the blocks.


This is the backing for the quilt above.  I used one of the solids used in the blocks to add interest to the backing fabric.  This quilt is going to Project Linus at the end of the month.


We have this second quilt.  This was an animal panel that I found in a donation box for the Halton Hills Quilters Guild.  I scrounged around at home for some fabric to coordinate with the animal panel and made a bunch of simple blocks to make up this border. 


I quilted this using a pantograph called African Samba.  This quilt is also going to Project Linus at the end of the month.


Take care everyone and don't forget to take some time for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment