Thursday 16 March 2023

Mary's nine patch bar quilt

This lovely quilt was made by a customer.  Her colour choices come from the inspirational background fabric.  The background fabric's "background" is a multi coloured smudge of rose, pink, purple, yellow and light blue.  There are these large outlines/drawings of powder blue flowers scattered across the fabric.

If memory serves me, the quilt was made based on a Kaffe Fassett pattern.  A vertical bar layout with nine-patches on a diagonal.

I took this picture back at the end of August/2022, when the weather was nice and I was able to take pictures outside.  I had to wait until the sun was going down, as the colours seemed to need the shade to stand out.


I took two different views and couldn't decide which one I liked better so, I included them both.

This pattern would be very versatile.  I think it would look good in any colourway.  The only tricky part would be to line up all the nine-patch rows so that you don't cut off any points when you trim the quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment