Thursday 16 March 2023

Getting some inspiration from a handmade weave blanket made on a loom (QW)

This is my inspiration for a simple quilt I want to make for myself.  In French, we call it a catalogue.  It's a hand weaved blanket made on a loom (the old fashion way) in Québec.  This post is specifically made to document the catalogue so that I can remember how to make it.  

This post is a lot of similar pictures of different sections, so if you are not interested, you can move on to another post.  There will be nothing else included in this post other than the pictures related to making this catalogue.


The constant in this catalogue is the pink strip that is bordered by an off white/cream strip.  I am thinking that the pink strip will be 1/2" finished and the off white/cream will be 3/4" finished, with the coloured strips at about 2" finished.  I'll test that out to ensure I like the overall look of it before cutting all my fabric.  

The fabric that I ordered from Connecting Threads is a fabric that looks like it is a weaved.  When I get a picture of the fabrics for this quilt, I will try and look up the name of the fabric, in case anyone is interested.

I plan on making this quilt for my king sized bed, so I will be looking at about 110" x 110".

Top section:


2nd section from the black strip:


3rd section from the green strip:

The actual catalogue is made for a double bed, so I will need to extend the length some.  It will be interesting to make....my only worry is all those seams....likely to get heavy.

No comments:

Post a Comment