Friday 10 February 2023

Leftover jelly roll quilt and two reversable (quilted blocks) quilts

When I made my Daybreak quilt back in 2021, from a jelly rolls of floral fabrics and one of plain solid white, I had enough left over strips to make this quilt.  I finished this quilt just this past August.  I even had enough of the same border fabric that I used for Daybreak, though it was a close call.


I do love a simple quilt of squares.  Small squares or large, it doesn't matter.  They are all pretty.  this next picture is a close up of the fabrics.  These are the ones that didn't make the cut to go into the Daybreak quilt.  I quilted this using Mum's the Word quilt pattern from Urban Elementz.  I do like the texture.  When this gets washed, it will crinkle up really nicely. 
 

I finished these two next two in August/2022 as well.  This is what I call being frugal.  When I am making samples of different pantographs (quilting patterns), I do them on white fabric, so that it makes it easier to see the texture of the quilting, without the distraction of a design on the fabric.  

Sometimes, the pattern that I am doing doesn't turn out quite right, like the size may be to small or too big. the pattern may have started out right, but there was some sort of hiccup that caused me to stop the pattern and redo it.  I don't throw these misfits away.  Instead I cut out the good parts into usable squares, and once I have enough, I make a reversable quilt.


The quilt above is a child's lap size quilt, with a blue background and multi coloured squares for the sashing. The one below is a NICU size quilt, with a multi coloured strip sashing.  I see a couple of quilted butterflies, some flowers, swirls, etc.  I think it make it fun to look at.  Yes, the blocks are just white, but not all quilts need to be flashy.  These ones are simple and the sashing provides the bit of colour.


Have a great rest of the evening.  Take care and don't forget to take some time for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment