Thursday 2 February 2023

My design wall this month (January/2023)

Since the last posting about my design wall back in November, there's been a few changes.  My design wall is constantly changing, but some stuff stays there for a while.  I like working on a few things at a time and I don't know what I would do without my design wall.   


I've been working on the kaleidoscope quilt on and off These last couple of weeks, plus this 4-patch HST quilt on the design wall.  Between both of these, I have also been working on the below 4-patch blocks as a leader/ender.  The kaleidoscope quilt is a little more finicky, so when I needed a break from it I assembled the other one, and in the process I am accumulating lots of these 4-patches. 
 

Also new on the design wall is the bricks block (on the right hand side) and the low volume chevron block (on the left hand side).  As I look at this picture for January's state of things, I realize that there are already changes that have taken place in February.   That picture will come later in the month.

Can you believe we are already in February?  OMG the time is just flying by.  For instants, this post is late by two days, as I was inspired to re-arrange my room again, for the third time since I've been living here.  That went into the night.  By the time I was done with the majority of the moving of furniture, it was time to call it quits and head to bed.  

For the past couple of days, I've been re-arranging stuff.  Books, projects, containers, etc.  I have also pulled out a couple of things to review the status of where I am at on them.  In general, I am getting more organized with a plan of direction......we'll see how long that last......lol.

I am hoping that tomorrow being Friday, I can take some time to finally sew something.  I have binding to put on two Quilts for Survivors, so that my mom can tack it down by hand.  I want to get another couple of vertical rows of the kaleidoscope quilt done, or maybe I can finish the 4-patch HST quilt instead....  Still up in the air at the moment.  I'll just go with the flow come Friday and see what happens.

Take care everyone and don't forget to take some time for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment