Tuesday 7 February 2023

Labeling and a green hexagon star quilt

Today was a slow day, when it comes to progress.  I received an email informing me that the drop off for quilts for Project Linus will be mid March.  That means I have to get a move on it and make the labels.  I counted twenty-four quilts to donate to Project Linus this time around and none of them had labels.

So my focus this week is to do as many as I can, as February is going to be fairly busy with customer quilts and the family day week, possibly away on a family driving trip, that before you know it, it will be time to deliver these quilts.  I made two labels on the weekend and today during break, I made six more.  

I write them up on solid white cotton with a black marker that you iron to make it permanent.   It's simple, which I prefer.  I fold under the edges and hand stitch the label to the back of the quilt.  Here is an example.  I just have the bottom edge to finish tacking down, to complete this one.


Tonight while watching a live streaming of Karen's circle on YouTube by Karen Brown of Just Get it Done Quilts, I managed to hand sew six labels on and I have the remaining two pinned to the quilts ready to be stitched.  That still leaves me with sixteen more to make and tack down.  I am almost 1/3 of the way done.  Whoo hoo!!

This little NICU quilt is one of the ones that needs to be labeled.  I finished this one back in August/22.  This I believe is the last of the hexagon stars that my daughter made and that I appliquéd to a white background block, and just added borders.  This border is a bunch of frogs and flowers.  It looks cuter up close and in personal.  


I hope everyone has been enjoying the slightly warmer weather we've been having.  Instead of minus 19, it's been plus 6.  Enjoy it, but don't get to used to it just yet.  Trust me, winter is not over yet.  We are after all only in the beginning of February. 

Take care everyone and don't forget to take some time for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment