Sunday 14 October 2018

Progress on the pineapple quilt blocks

Now that I am in the swing of things with the pineapple blocks, my workstation is messier.  I find it impossible to keep it clean as I pull fabric for each piece.  The only neat piles are the blocks left to be done, the very small scraps, in a little pile and the too skinny strips in the shoe box.


I have been working away at the blocks ever since the number has been called for the American Patchwork &Quilting UFO Challenge for October.  When I started, I had about half of the blocks left still to do.  Picture can be found on a previous post.

I worked out what needed to be done. How many blocks I had to do daily in order to finish by the 20th.  The 20th, just being a random day that fell on a weekend, with enough time remaining of the month to work on assembling the rows and finishing the quilt top.  Whenever I had some extra time, I worked a bit ahead, so I was left with only having to do two blocks a day.  This was more manageable for me.

As I worked on finishing the paper piece blocks, I also kept up with the paper removal of the blocks.  Nothing was allowed on the design wall that did not have the paper removed.


So, this is my progress.  I separated the blocks since the last picture, and worked on the blocks to finish the perimeter first.  It helped me keep things neat and in perspective, of what needed to be done.  That would be the "need to keep things organized" bit in me.  My daughter and I jokingly refer to it as our OCDness.....lol.  It's funny really, how I work in a mess (can't help it), but still have to have some parts in order.

When I took the picture above, there were another eight blocks completed, but waiting to have the paper removed.  So as of now, I am ahead of the game, as I only have eight more blocks to do.  That equates to four days, leaving me with 3 days to spare (provided I get the required 2 per day done).  I'll have to find something for the border.

Yay!!!  It looks very promising that this quilt will be finished in October, for the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment