Wednesday 3 October 2018

American Patchwork & Quilting UFO Challenge for October

My American Patchwork & Quilting UFO Challenge for October is my pineapple quilt.

I was given theses blocks from a past friend, who was a piecer, but decides she preferred doing log cabin blocks versus pineapple blocks.  I received these blocks back in 2009 with the centre and a light round started on each block.

Since, I have added a round of darks to all the blocks, decided I wanted to put these blocks on a diagonal, so made the half square side blocks plus the corners.  I'm not sure if you can see it from the picture, but the side units and the corners incorporate the first border in black.


Later, I figured out that It was daunting the amount of blocks there were and how one round on each block really didn't show.  At the end of it, you still felt like you didn't do anything.  That is when I decided to concentrate on a few blocks at a time.  That seemed to work better, as now I have this many done.  This is approx. 50% completely done.  It's more motivating to see progress as you go.


These couple of blocks were completed the last time I had this project out.  It's really been a while since this quilt has seen the light of day.  The number for this quilt has come up and I am gearing up to make a substantial amount of progress on this one.  I really want to see this one done and gifted to someone to snuggle under.


So, now I am all prepared to work on these this month.  I have the remaining paper foundations ready to go.  I have my scraps all lined up.  Let's see how much I can get done this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment