Thursday 25 October 2018

Another version of the Radiant Braided Star quilt

With the Halton Hills Quilter's Guild we had a workshop to make this quilt called Radiant Braided Star.  I showed a few different examples, of pictures I took during the class, in a previous post.  

This was one version that I didn't have a chance to take a picture.  It belongs to one of the members and she asked me to quilt it for her.  It's a beautiful quilt.  The pictures do not do this quilt justice.  In person, the blues have more of a presence, as some of the brown fabrics also have blue in them and the yellows blend very nicely with the blues.  They seem to highlight each other.


Here is a close up of the quilting design.  The design is an edge to edge pantograph called Jessica's Swirls Simplified.  It adds a lovely amount of texture to the quilt, without overwhelming it.


This is going to look great on someone's bed.  I think it looks gorgeous!  It still amazes me how the same pattern can look completely different dependent on the fabrics and colour chooses you use.


Mine hasn't been quilted yet and that one will take me a while.  I have too many other quilts to get done first and obviously, customer quilts get done first.  I can't wait to see some of the other people's quilts completed and what kind of border treatment they decided to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment