Monday 14 November 2016

Progress on the navy blue and cream quilt

I am making some progress on my navy blue and cream quilt.  Slowly, but surely.  I would say that I have about 95% of the centre of the quilt done, about 15% of the first border done and about 5% of the last border done.


Above is the picture of the quilting around the star.  I wanted something simple for this quilt, something that would be neutral.  I didn't want anything too feminine.  

At first I was a bit hesitant on using navy thread for the cream areas, but I wanted something to show as quilting, not just blending threads, like I've done so far.  I also didn't want any of the navy thread from the back poking through.


When it came to the square blocks in the alternate squares, the cream border and the last blue border, I wasn't sure how I was going to go.  In the end, I settled for this simple design, which brings in some curves and some straight lines from the other quilting designs used.  The border is a variation on the two patterns with only half of the square pattern used repeatedly.

I am liking the quilting so far and I think I will like the texture the quilting on the blue border will give me.

I am hoping to have this quilt done soon.  Right now, I am still busy with work, family, my mom's place and trying to get my basement ready for my long arm.  

In the basement I have only one more coat of paint to do on the second half of the room. I'll have to really get down and clean up and clear out some stuff.  Why is it that all the stuff that you no longer want gets stored in the basement instead of just decluttering it.  I hold on to thing that are still in good shape, thinking that maybe I can find another use for it, but most stuff just sits there taking up space. 

Out they must go, because the long arm needs a minimum of 9' X 14' so that you can easily move around it.  I am getting excited for the day it comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment