Wednesday 2 November 2016

No quilting yesturday

There was no quilting yesturday and none happened today either.  I am in the process of trying to get the basement ready for my long dreamed of long arm quilting machine.

This is one corner of my basement.  We moved to this house four years ago and started renovating the house from top to bottom, however we are not at the bottom yet.


I am not ready to gut the basement, tear down the cement walls and install the steel support beam just yet.  I don't have the time or the energy to do it, and besides, I want to finish the upstairs first.  Upstairs I still have the livingroom, hallways, the second full bathroom and all the solid wood floors left to do.  I just finished doing the laundry room recently.  Once all of the upstairs is done we were going to tackle the basement.  BUT.....I have to make room for my new toy.

So....somehow I have to turn these dingy walls into something cheerful and inviting.  I am not a fan of paneling and I am definitely not a fan of painting paneling, but for now that is the only thing that I can do to get this room in order quickly and with little expense.  I am saving the expense for when we fully reno the basement.

Here is the other corner.  My daughter decided that she would like the coach and tv to be moved to this end of the rec room.  That means that this side of the room will get painted first.  That way, once it is painted, I only have to move the couch and tv the one time.  After that, I can empty the other side of the remaining furniture, to paint and make room for the long arm quilting machine.


I haven't decided yet what colour to go with, but I have to prime the room first.  Due to the age of this paneling, I am thinking it will slurp up the primer big time!  I will be lucky if I can get away with just the two coats.  This paneling is so old, it is the type that you installed and sealed it with a clear coat, but this stuff is mostly bare now.  Probably from numerous washes.  

I have such a vivid imagination, that I can already hear the paneling slurping the primer, as it drinks it all up. Lol.

Maybe tomorrow I can take a break and do some quilting and try to finish the navy blue and cream quilt. I have at least 2/3 of the quilt quilted in blue threads, maybe a bit more, and I can finish off the borders.  I will post a picture of that when I am done.

No comments:

Post a Comment