Monday 7 November 2016

Look what I picked up at the craft show

On the last weekend of October, my mother and I went to the Creative Needle and Craft Show.  There were a lot of vendors, from beading, knitting, cross-stitch, quilting, rug hooking and more.  I enjoyed the show.  There was a lot to see, but not too much that it would be overwhelming.  

I bought some quilting thread and I picked up some business cards to quilt stores in Ontario, for future road trips.

I also bought this beautiful quilt related cross-stitch pattern with the background fabric.  The picture does not do the cross-stitch justice.  The background in the picture looks faded, but in reality is the same colour as the material folded up at the corner of the pattern.  The colours in the cross-stitched quilts are also more colourful.

This was a must have at first sight.  Do you see the little head sticking out from behind the quilt, up top over the clothe line?  There is so much detail to this pattern, that the first quilt pattern itself was enlarged, just so you could see the difference colour placement.  Can't wait to work on this one.


While at the show, I got to take the APQS Millennium Longarm quilting machine for a test drive.  I am so excited.  She, Millie for short, was very smooth and easy to handle.  I have been dreaming of owning a longarm for over 5yrs.  Now my dreams are about to come true.

On Saturday, I went to Whirls N' Swirls Quilting for some training on the longarm.  Tracy was fantastic!  She was so patient with all of us.  In the time that we were there, we used Lucy to learn how to load a quilt, quilt it using a pantograph and operating the machine from start to finish.  I even got a chance to quilt a small charity quilt by myself, from start to finish, on Millie.  It was great!  I am really excited!!

In the meantime, I continue to work on finishing the painting in the basement, hopefully before the longarm arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment