Thursday 28 July 2016

Quilting the nine patch quilt

I've been finding little bits of time here and there to continue to work on quilting the nine patch quilt. There are three different fabrics used for the alternate blocks, so I am quilting three different patterns on each.

This first one has a loop design to match the loops in the fabric.


This second fabric has swirls in the fabric, so I quilted the echo of the swirls.


The third fabric is still to be determined.  The design of the fabric is paisley.  I have not decided what I want to quilt on it yet.

So far I finished all the blocks with loops and all the blocks with swirls.  In my previous post, I mentioned that I finished all the in the ditch quilting and all the nine patches.  Now I have only the paisley blocks and the small border to do.

For the small border, I have decided to do a chain of hearts.  Yesturday I traced and cut out the template, and started to draw out the borders.  The one side fits perfectly with almost no adjustments needed.

As it is my late start at work today, I am going to see how far I can get on this border.  I will have to put the quilt away, until I can decide on the quilting design for the last blocks.

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment