Saturday 16 July 2016

Nine patches, also known as single Irish chain quilt

Yesturday, I needed a break from handwork.  I took out another quilt that needs to be quilted.  This one is for a friend's friend.  It's a nine patch with an alternating plain block, also known as a single Irish chain quilt.

This quilt is for a grandson.  The nine patches are mainly brown, green and yellow with a little blue. And the plain blocks are a white on dark cream.


This is the backing.  The centre strip is of the left over fabrics. 


Yesturday, I managed to quilt everything in the ditch, all the nine patches on a diagonal across the quilt and started on the individual plain blocks.

Things are going well with the quilting.  One more day of concentrated quilting should have it done.  After this quilt, I still have four quilts waiting to be done in the immediate future.  I have to get a move on it.

Today I have to do a few things here around the house, and try and finish this quilt.  All going well I will still have some time to do more handwork on the hexagon quilt.

Enjoy your Saturday.  Take advantage of every minute you get.

No comments:

Post a Comment