Friday 1 July 2016

Hexagon lap quilt

Here is Flo's second hexagon quilt.  This quilt is next in line to be quilted.  Flo really liked what I did with the last one, that I am doing this one the same.  I have the backing fabric washed, the left over piece of batting from the last one and will soon look to pin baste the quilt layers.


I am almost done the current hexagon quilt I am working on.  I am about 2/3 or 3/4 of the way done.  After doing the quilting of the centre, I will need to trim and turn in all the edges of each hexagon to stitch them by hand, and quilt the last perimeter hexagons.

Now that I finished painting the last batch of doors on the backside, while I wait the required six hours to recoat, I am going to see if I can finish the quilting on my current quilt.  

Wish me luck.  Not for the quilting part, but for no distractions while I am doing it.


**Progress on my top 12 list (which turned out to be 18 instead)**

Work in progress:  
3. Quilting - Lise's hexagon quilt (family)..........2/3 quilted now and half way down the next row
4. Quilting - Navy blue & cream quilt (my own)
7. Main work - Spools quilt (my own)..........first row done, taking a break to do some quilting
8. Main work - Mel's romance & roses quilt (family)
9. Leader/Ender - 16-patch pinwheel quilt (my own)..........working on between projects
10. Handwork - Reconstructed Dresden plate quilt (my own)...........9 full blocks left to do
11. Quilting - Lise's Dresden plate quilt (family)..........top is done, waiting to be quilted
12. Handwork - Machine wall hanging (my own)
13. Paper piece - Pineapple quilt (my own)..........these are put on hold again for a bit

Total number of quilts completed - 9
Total number of quilts left to be completed - 9

Completed quilts:
1. Quilted Flo's hexagon quilt (commissioned).  
14. Sabryna's 16-patch pinwheel quilt (family)
16. Reversable crazy quilt & matching doll quilt (charity)
15. Log cabin quilt (my own)
18. Small wonders quilt (charity)
17. Scrappy stripes quilt (charity)
2. Michelle's midnight flight quilt (family)
6. Jean material quilt (charity)
5. Midnight flight runway quilt (charity)

No comments:

Post a Comment