Tuesday 28 June 2016

Some orphaned log cabin blocks

Here I have a bag full of log cabin blocks and log pieces that have been given to me by my friend Sharon.

I am not sure what she had intended to make with them.  It was not going to be your regular log cabin block quilt, because the log cabins are of varying sizes, both the blocks and the size of the logs as well.  I am curious as to what the design was supposed to be, but Sharon does not give the pattern with the pieces.  She would prefer to see what I come up with, with her left over pieces.


When I get a chance to clear my design wall and all the quilting I have lined up, I will have to take these out and play.  Maybe leave them up on the design wall to let the ideas percolate.

When things are on the design wall, just sitting there, they have a tendency to swim around in my head, even if I am not there.  Sometimes my daughter will come along and move things, just for the sack of it.  This may spark something else, some other idea to play around in my head, and eventually, we come up with a design.

I take this process slowly,  it's more of an evolution.  My daughter and I enjoy bouncing ideas off each other this way.  No idea is better than the other, just different perspectives, put together to make one great quilt.

Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment