Thursday 16 June 2016

Simple yellow blocks

Last week, before I got started back on quilting the hexagon diamond quilt, I wanted a few minutes of sewing.  Well.......maybe a bit more than a few minutes, but who is counting.

So.......I started sewing these bright cheerful yellow blocks.  I wrote about the material coming from a friend in an earlier post.  The material is a light weight linen fabric.  I've never worked with linen for a quilt before, so thought I would give it a try.  Since the fabric is light I figured simple 3 1/2" blocks would be best.  The folded fabric the blocks are sitting on, is going to be used for the backing.

This is going to be a little baby quilt, so what would be more fitting than the alphabets that are printed on the fabric for the backing.  I like that it too is a cheerful yellow.


I am putting this quilt together in a web format.  Column 3, 4, 5 & 6 are all attached and folded on top of each subsequent row, in a web form.

I messed up when putting column number 1 together.  Instead of putting it together with column 2, I forgot and put it together in a row.  I've already taken it apart and will sew it together properly, when I get a chance to get back to this little distraction.

I call it a distraction because this quilt is not on my list of quilts to do, nor is it on the list of quilt pieces waiting to be done.  This project was just a flash of inspiration that came in a bag from my friend Carol.  It's all her fault that I am distracted. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment