Monday 27 June 2016

Little red hearts

So......I thought I would share a bit of what is going on around here.

At the moment I am still quilting away on the diamond hexagon quilt for my cousin, and when I get a chance to do some handwork, I work on the label for the quilt.  It is going at a snails pace though.  The hexagons are being each and every one of them echoed inside.  This is when I get to use the phrase "within an inch of it's life".  The quilted hexagons are literally about an inch in size.

But......that is not the only reason things are slow around here.  Well, I guess I should rephrase that.  Things are a bit slow quilting wise, because the rest of my life right now feels like I am on a fast moving roller coaster ride.  I am still house hunting for my mom, the kids are finishing school shortly, my daughter is graduating from high school, I am trying to keep up with the weeding of my garden, a few extra trips into the office for work and the renovations of my laundry room.

Enough to keep my head spinning.  However, at the end of the day, or whenever possible, I steal a bit of time to get my quilting fix.  I am now over 1/3 of the way done quilting the hexagon quilt. I am guessing approx. 1/4 of the way done the second third.

In the meantime, I thought I would share with you some blocks that my friend Sharon from the Quilting Bee gave me.  Sharon is our hostess of the Quilting Bee.  Sharon has made quite a few quilts herself.  She really enjoys the hand quilting process.


Sharon has been doing some reorganizing in her quilt room and taking inventory.  She came across a few projects that she started and decided it was not for her or she no longer wanted to do them, so she gave them to me.

This was one of them. The box has blocks of solid cream coloured fabric with a little red heart on each of them.  They are about 10" square and there are I believe 20 blocks.  Enough to make a fair sized quilt.  I will have to come up with a design to do these blocks up.

So....I may not be posting quite so often, but life keeps moving along.  That is what makes life so interesting.  I will continue to post when I can.

I am hoping everyone is enjoying this beautiful weather we are having.  Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment