Saturday 4 June 2016

Working on my leader/ender

Today I took some time in the morning for me, so I could do some quilting.  Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on how you look at it, I was up at 4:10 am.

Unfortunately, Maddie got sick in her cage/bed.  I got up to make sure she was ok and strip the bedding to wash it.  The fortunate part is once I was up, I figured it was no use in going back to bed, so that gave me a lot more time to my day.

I started by removing the last diamond quilting from the hexagon quilt.  It is all done now and ready to start quilting again.  I put away all the Dresden plate blocks that I finished basting yesturday and cleaned off my cutting board.

After making myself another cup of tea, I decided I wanted to do some mindless sewing.  So, I took out the half square triangles that I had cut and paired off in my leader/ender tray and started running them through the machine.  In the process I got two sixteen patch blocks done as well.


I sewed up a bunch, started pressing them open.  Here is the first batch completed waiting to be trimmed to size.  It doesn't look like much, but there are almost thirty half square triangle blocks here.


I drank my tea and played with Maddie some more, and started sewing some more.  It was going so well, just zipping along.  When I needed a break I stopped to press this next batch of blocks open.


It was going so well, that I decided to finish all of the rest of them.  In this batch there are over forty half square triangle blocks.  At this point I finished what was already cut and paired up from the leader/ender tray, but I am not sure if this is all I will need.  I will have to do a count to see.


This afternoon after my daughter finished work, we went out dress shopping for her graduation dress.  She wanted a nice simple light dress to wear underneath her robe.  We managed to find the dress and the shoes in the first two stores we went to.  Wow, I was impressed.  Fastest shopping I've done in a long time.  I even bought some stuff for me too.

Tomorrow is another day, maybe I can get some of the renos a little further along or some gardening. 

We will see.....

No comments:

Post a Comment