Thursday 2 June 2016

One of my Dresden plates blocks is done

Well, it has been a while that I have been able to sit and sew.  Two solid weeks of prepping my Mom's home for sale, and another week having my Mom over while the viewings were going on.  Monday just past, we all got together to review the offers.

Mom can now relax a bit.  Her house is sold firm.  Two big steps done, now we need to keep looking for another home for her.  Preferably something not too far away.

As today is my late start at work, I was able to sit down with Maddie/puppy sleeping and do some handwork.  I finished the second large block of twelve.  Ten more to go.


During the past weekend, between doing renovations at my own house, I also took out some more stitches from the diamond hexagon quilt.  I have about 3/4 of the last large diamond to take out and I can go gong ho with the quilting and get that one done.  My progress on my list has been pretty slow lately, but that is life.  Always things coming up and things to do.

This coming weekend I have to take my daughter out looking for a dress and shoes for her graduation, and also work on the bathroom renos before my Mom's house closes, so she will have a decent and clean bathroom to use while she is here, between moving to the new house when we find one, plus the garden still needs to be cleaned up.

Even with everything that needs to happen this weekend, I still want/need to find some time to quilt.  I can usually go for a few days, sometimes for a week, but after that I get very cranky, if I do not get some sewing time in.  Working on quilts is my form of stress relief.

Hopefully I can do enough quilting to write my post more regularly again!


**Progress on my top 12 list (which turned out to be 18 instead)**

Work in progress:  
3. Quilting - Lise's hexagon quilt (family)..........only one diamond left to frog...rip-it, rip-it
4. Quilting - Navy blue & cream quilt (my own)
7. Main work - Spools quilt (my own)..........first row done, taking a break to do quilting
8. Main work - Mel's romance & roses quilt (family)
9. Leader/Ender - 16-patch pinwheel quilt (my own)..........more done while working on Lise's DP
10. Handwork - Reconstructed Dresden plate quilt (my own)...........2 & 4 halves done, 10 left to do
11. Main work - Lise's Dresden plate quilt (family)..........all of the horizontal rows are sewn together
12. Handwork - Machine wall hanging (my own)
13. Paper piece - Pineapple quilt (my own)..........these are put on hold again for a bit

Total number of quilts completed - 9
Total number of quilts left to be completed - 9

Completed quilts:
1. Quilted Flo's hexagon quilt (commissioned).  
14. Sabryna's 16-patch pinwheel quilt (family)
16. Reversable crazy quilt & matching doll quilt (charity)
15. Log cabin quilt (my own)
18. Small wonders quilt (charity)
17. Scrappy stripes quilt (charity)
2. Michelle's midnight flight quilt (family)
6. Jean material quilt (charity)
5. Midnight flight runway quilt (charity). 

No comments:

Post a Comment