Wednesday 13 July 2016

Shop hopping with the girls

During my holidays at the end of June, the quilting bee ladies and I went on a bit of a shop hop.  I was the driver.  We had no real plans that day, so I took out my GPS and asked what direction the ladies wanted to go.

No one knew, which was of no help to me.  I decided to call out quilting store names that were in my GPS.  Eventually, someone mentioned that they had heard of the store and wanted to go see it.  That store was Evelyn's Sewing Centre, also known as The Quilting Store.com.  Off we went......

While we were there, the ladies were on the hunt for enough material for a baby sized quilt for my friend Flo's grandson.  Flo had the pattern and the ladies and I filled the fabric requirements.  It was kind of fun.  Everyone had their own interpretation.  Flo chose the main fabric/colour way and we all filled in the coordinating fabrics.  It's going to look great.


Me, I was also looking for strips.  Lot and lots of strips.  The top four fabrics in the picture above meet that requirement.  I love the candy cane stripped fabric.  I am going to use that one for my Christmas quilt.  The top strip fabric is part of the collection for this years Row by Row event all across Canada and the United States.  The last three fabrics were to add some light blenders to my existing fabric collection.  I seem to always be short on them too.

This next fabric I got just because.  I think it looks funky.  It may fit into my Retro quilt I will be making, but if not......no worries, it will get used somewhere.


After we finished here, we headed to lunch.  The store recommended a good place to eat.

By the time we finished lunch, the day was still young.  I suggested to the ladies, that we had some time to choose another quilt store. One that we could head to on our way home.  There were at least three of them that I knew of along the way.  So the process started again.  I looked them up on my GPS and named some of the stores.  Someone called out the name of the store that they thought sounded interesting and that they may like to see.  So, we were off......we started on our way and ended up at The Country Concession.

I thought I was done shopping for the day, but the first thing I saw when I entered the store was this pretty little bundle of Moda fat eights.  I must really have a thing for the retro colours.  I love the blue, green, coral, red and yellow.  They are just so delicious.  I think of strawberry shortcake, watermelon, green apples and picnics, when I look at these colours.



This yellow fabric is going to be the border.  The colour in the picture is a little off, but it is the same colours as the bundle above.  It is from the same line of fabric.

I can't wait to start working on this quilt.  I am still deciding on two possible quilts I want to make with these fabrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment