Saturday 30 March 2019

Summertime Sampler

Well.....I seem to have gotten into a bit of trouble again......  You guessed it.  I started yet another new quilting project.  I know what you're saying.........WHAT!!!

But....I couldn't help myself.  The email came in for all the classes being held at The Hobby Horse, and I just seemed to cave in.  Who could resisted the beautiful, bright and cheerful colours of Summertime Sampler.  I saw the pattern the week before, when I visited the store and held myself off.  However, when the email came in.......I just could not resist.


Today was the first class.  The pattern is by Erica Kaprow published by C&T Publishing.  This is a colourful wool applique wall hanging with 12 Sunny quilt blocks.


My favorite is the simplest block.  The watermelon with the birds, though all the blocks are gorgeous!


I thought that each block played a roll in triggering a memory for me, like this tea pot block with two cups of tea.  And the bouquet of flowers, tied up in a pretty bow.


There are twelve blocks all together and I will enjoy working on each of them.

Today the instructor/owner Gail gave us a small coaster to work on, to get our feet wet, sort of speak.  We got a taste of working with wool, to try it out and see if we would enjoy completing an entire wall hanging before making the commitment.

I don't think there was anyone there this day that was not hooked.  Working with wool is........different.  The soft textile, the warmth of the overall look.  I'm not quite sure how else to describe it, it was consuming.  We were drawn into the process of making the many small stitches to complete the project.

Anyways, no matter how badly I may have described it, if you've ever worked with wool, you will understand what I mean.

So...........another quilt project to add to the list.  Oh well, that's how it goes....lol

No comments:

Post a Comment