Wednesday 20 March 2019

More progress on March's American Patchwork

Since I've been back from Quebec, I've been plugging away on my challenge quilt, for the month of March.  I finished all the blocks.  The colouring is darker than I envisioned it, but my daughter says it still looks good.  I used the solid fabrics for the geese flying across the quilt.  Each diagonal row is the same colour and no two rows are the same colour.


Since the picture above was taken, I assembled all the rows horizontally and vertically, including the first border.


For the last few days I was cutting the scraps for the borders.  I have them cut, sorted and just now finished assembling the first border.  I also added the border to the top.  I still think that it's pretty bright and busy, but won't stop now.

Now onto the next three borders.  I plan on working on the next border after dinner, hoping to finish this quilt top by the end of Friday.  I still need some time to work on a label from my UFO list by the end of March too.  It's doable.  Just have to keep at it.

I'm looking forward to this weekend.  It's the longarm quilting bootcamp.  Two full days of instructions, practice, learning new tricks and technics.  The instructor said to get plenty of rest, as by the end of each day we will be brain dead....lol.  That sounds really brutal.

Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment