Sunday 17 March 2019

The UFO challenge quilt for March

Yesturday, I was working on some customer quilts and some quilts for the guild.  The guild quilts are for various charities.  This pretty much took up the majority of the day.  Now, today I had some time to work on my own charity quilt.  I will probably be giving this one to Project Linus or possibly the guild.

I started the day at this point.  I am making a flying geese block variation and I've decided to add sashing between the blocks.  My diagonal rows are each the same solid colour fabric, with no two diagonal rows the same.  I also have every row heading left, with the cool colours (ie blue and green) and every row veering to the right in the warm colours (ie red, orange, and yellow).


By the end of the day, with only some/minimal distractions, I managed to finish the blocks for this quilt.


It looks a little bit busy, as I've used scrap fabrics for each of the "wings", though each goose has the same set of fabrics for their wings.  That part of it is not necessarily noticeable in the picture above.

I now have to assemble the rows and work on the borders.  With two weeks left of the month, there is a good chance of finishing this top.  I plan on waiting to quilt this quilt top until after I do the quilting bootcamp.  I am hoping the bootcamp will give me more experience with different techniques, that will allow me to experiment on this top.

I'll post the progress as I go.

Enjoy the little that is left of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment