Monday 4 March 2019

March's American Patchwork & Quilting UFO challenge quilt

My American Patchwork & Quilting UFO challenge quilt for the month of March is the Scrappy Flying Geese quilt.  This quilt was started a long, long time ago.  I don't even know why it was not finished, as it's not a hard quilt.  I think it may have just been forgotten.


Regardless, this is what I have done so far.  My plan is to use the bright solid fabrics for the geese and scrappy for the wings that extend on each side of the goose/geese.  Each set of wings is the same fabric.

Each solid coloured geese will be flying on a diagonal across the quilt and each diagonal row will be a different colour.  Above you can see the one completed diagonal row of red geese and the turquoise row has two blocks so far.

This is a charity quilt for Project Linus.  It will have 4 X 6 rows, with each block finishing at 7 1/2" square.  There will be sashings that measure 1 3/4" wide in grey with the first border the same grey.  Lastly, there will be a final border, however not sure yet what fabric or the size.  Without the last border, the top will measure 38 3/4" X 57 1/4", so I am thinking maybe a 5" border to finish the quilt.

This may be the first quilt I will succeed in completing for this challenge this year.  Yay!

Wish me luck, as I have a very busy month, this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment