Tuesday 2 August 2022

Burgoyne Surrounded (QW)

I had the chance to quilt a Burgoyne surrounded quilt.  This is a very traditional quilt in the traditional colours.  A new customer had started and completed the top over 20 years ago.  The top sat in her closet all that time.  I think it is pretty in the traditional colours.


Here is a closeup of the quilting.  She chose to quilt this in Trumpet Vine from Urban Elementz.
 

I've been wanting to make a Burgoyne surrounded quilt, but in the newer updated version.  I really like the traditional version too, but when I caught my eye on the newer version during a magazine quilt along, it grabbed my attention.  I like the scrappy neutral low volume background and the stronger colour variation, which allows you to see the diagonal grid more.  That and the fact that the pieces are smaller in size.



One day....maybe....but first I have to finish many more WIPs and UFOs.  Lol....I specifically wrote on my list of quilts DO NOT START ANYTHING NEW IN AUGUST!!!  I want to finish at least 10 before I start anything.  

Do you think it is possible....well....I am going to try....though today while my daughter was helping me move my sewing table out about 4", I found two containers that had a lot of parts cut out already.  One container has parts from a Texas braid quilt by Bonnie Hunter, that I downsized. Many pieces were left after making it, so I'm going to have to find another design to use them all.  The second has half squares in silk given to me from a friend a while ago.  I made a quilt with some of them, but I still have many more to use up.  I guess I should have added these two to my list, way back when...

Today being the second day of August, I have to say I am doing good.  Didn't add these to my list yet as they are basically just leftover parts.  I did put the binding on two quilts, plus finished assembling the blue reversable quilt and added the binder on this one too.  So, not bad!  Three quilts completed of the ten that I want to do before I can start anything new...not bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment