Friday 2 March 2018

March's American Patchwork & Quilting UFO Challenge

March's American Patchwork & Quilting UFO Challenge number is #3.  For me that is my Brown Bear quilt.  They announced it on February 28th, so for the past two days, I have been working like mad on my string blocks.  My quilting room is starting to look like a hit and run.  With creativity always comes a mess.


This is the block, plus sashings.  I've always wanted to make a quilt using bear paw blocks, but I didn't see it in my future anytime soon.  One day while cleaning up my stash, I noticed I had a large amount of brown strings.  Not a colour that I use often.


With gifts from friends and family, who don't do scrappy, I've accumulated quite a selection of strings.  So for a few days I thought and thought of how I could use them up.  Eventually I put one and one together to come up with this bear paw variation.

I have been patiently waiting until I could really get into this quilt.  It was hard holding myself back.  But no more!!  This is my #3.  I can now go to town with it!!!


My pile of parts is really growing.  The completed units are in the container and a stack just needs to be trimmed (bottom left hand corner) on the side.  I have about 35 small units left to make.  I will sort them out and start adding the claws.  The claws are already made (top right hand side).

I am so excited to work on this quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment