Friday 30 March 2018

Bento box block (QW)

Yes, I started yet another block!!!  The makings of yet another quilt.  This one is a stash buster, so I don't feel too guilty.  It's called a bento box block.  I saw this one a long time ago and it keeps coming up everywhere.  I plan to do this one scrappy, using up all the bits and pieces of strips I have.



The block finishes at 9" square.  I am using my 2" strips.  Each block will be made of two fabrics and each block will be different from the others.  If I use the same fabric twice, it will be paired with a different partner.  

Recently, like over the past year, I have accumulated numerous chunks of fabrics.  When I say chunks, I am referring to bits and pieces that are not a fat quarter but bigger than a couple of strips.  I haven't had time to deal with them all, so I have them all washed, ironed and stacked nicely in a basket until I can get to them.

I have the monkey wrench blocks, that I am using up the scraps for, plus the Carolina chain blocks.  Now I also have these bento box blocks.

I am hoping to make a dent in my scraps.  Though I enjoy having my scraps, I have to keep processing them to keep them manageable.  BUUUUUUTTTTT.......I enjoy that too! Lol

Happy Easter!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment